Friday, December 2, 2011

Rework, Rework, Rework---or "Wash, Rinse, Repeat"


Luckily, I have a fabulous husband. I say this for two reasons.

One.
Because I obsessed more than necessary the past couple of weeks, he bought me a Nook Tablet. Not for Christmas or anything. Just because. The tablet is a great addition to my tech obsession. I think it's actually helping me find time to read again, which is something I haven't been able to do with all the 11 hour days I've been putting in at work and with lesson planning. I sat down tonight and started reading a novel...I haven't done that in probably over a year. I love to read, I just can't lately. I'm typically the type that reads 4-5 books at a time, often switching back and forth between them even several times within one day. So, that (being able to read) makes for one happy woman.

Two
He actually sat with me and let me go over my chapter summaries with him. This is a man that, himself, does not read much. He had not even looked at my chapters before. Don't get me wrong; it's not that he's not supportive...he's probably the most supportive husband you could ever get. Reading is just not his thing. But he sat down with me while I went over my chapter summaries with him. I had felt the last five sounded weak. Actually it felt like a buzz kill and not my best work, but I wasn't sure what to do. After talking it out with my husband, though, he asked some very pointed questions that helped me tweak the summaries and rework some well-needed areas and, WOW, I think it will be amazing now...just like I wanted it to be.

Hold on to your hats, I'm working on chapter 8 now and I'm hoping the rest comes flooding afterwards...

***

On a side note, he calls my dog "Shit Lips." He hates my dog.

No comments: