Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting Ready

It's been a month since I've blogged, but a lot has been going down in this house.  I've left my writing alone for this entire month and spent time with my family.  We've played a lot (I've gone insane a little) and just had a jolly good time.  I've barely had time to even think about the writer's conference.  Tomorrow, my husband and I take off to journey to Seattle so we can enjoy each other as a couple with no kids and so I can experience the conference.  I'm so lucky to have such a supportive spouse (that's ok with me splurging on something like this) and family that will watch my sweet little kiddos.  I'm having a rough time thinking I'm going to be away from them for 6 whole days--the most I've been away from them is 2 days.  It's a little conflicting--wanting to be with my kids vs. wanting me time and husband time.  I'm sure it will all work out in the long run and I'm sure I'll really appreciate that I took the time to go.  Hopefully I'll have some time to blog about the experience as I'm going through it all...

No comments: