Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Books to Read


Ok, so these are books I just checked out.  It's a comical picture at best because of the mish-mash selection.  Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother is a book I've been wanting to read.  Chua writes about how Chinese parenting differs from U.S. parenting.  I'm excited to read this one.  The other three were random picks.  Fifty Shades of Grey is a newer fiction novel that's supposed to be some dirty romance novel.  I was a little embarrassed to grab it, but I've heard too much talk about it on websites and such.  I figured I better check out what it's all about. Janet Evanovich's How I Write was another random selection because I've been writing so much.  I've never read any of her fiction work (my mother LOVES her books and always talks about them), but since she's successful I thought it would be nice to compare her process to Stephen King's since I just read his book, On Writing.  The final book in the stack is Unclutter Your Life in One Week.  The librarian and I were laughing about this one.  Seriously?  One week?  But, I'm just thinking any organization ideas are always helpful.  So, there you have it.  That's (hopefully) my next month reading list while I step away from the book before my big edit.  I will report when done!

No comments: