Friday, May 11, 2012

TGIF

It's been...a week.  I'm not enjoying state testing, but at least no one puked this week (children) or f'd up (the grown-ups).  I got over my "other-teachers-suck" thoughts and felt better about everyone again.  I even got good news about my plans for next year--I have a small shot at an elementary art position (not overly crossing my fingers) or at least a spot at an elementary that is 10 minutes from my house (rather than 40 minutes from my house).  The stars must have aligned--ok, ok, my administrator went to bat for me like no tomorrow.  Thank goodness he likes me.

My teaching partner was falling apart because of some personal issues and because I'm leaving her.  It felt like a bad break-up for a couple of days.  The, "It's not you, it's me" conversation.  I love her, but my family comes first.  I'm sure she'll find peace with it all...I have already.

I continued with writing--I had the CRAZIEST epiphany on Wednesday.  Everything connected and my story developed in an awesome way.  It's like I was being told the story.  So. Fricking. Cool.  I was squealing in the kitchen and poor hubby had to hear me talk 100 miles an hour to explain the new plot line.  I made it up to him by buying him a secret gift.  Mwhuaahaaaa.

Now, it's Friday, I'm lounging in my bed and getting ready to write some more.  Tomorrow I'm lucky to have coffee with an old friend in town from Seattle and then the hubs is doing some secret stuff for me on Sunday (all I know is I have to be ready at 1:00 PM).  I told him all I want is to sleep in until 9:00 AM.  I'll humor him, though.


No comments: